Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Saturday, April 28, 2007

the household

As of this week the Zig house official has a teenager.

Multiple thoughts run through my bloldish head. Most of them not pretty.

I am not looking forward to hormones, atttitudes, driving, first dates.

I think these matters are goin to require carefull negotiations. Our first teenager is a boy. I dont think the rules for boys and girls change much. Not everyone agrees. I can already see The Princess carefully calculating... "but HE got to!". Unfortunatly for her I am not so easily swayed. Different kids, different circumstances.

I am however looking for high school and college graduations! I want my life back.

I have assisted or been raising kids for as long as I can remember. I want to play. WITH THE BIG TOYS!

My first step is going to be 27 next week. WOW!. I clearly remember a very shy big kid who needed lots of love, attention and help. He was a fairly easy teenager. He has grown into a fine young man. I am so proud of him.


My other thoughts race back to my teen years. enough said.

6 Comments:

Blogger skinny me said...

I am one year(10 months to be exact) away from surviving a teenager.

12:42 AM  
Blogger crse said...

Did I ever mention that my dad used to say he would rather raise ten boys than one girl? And Im his only daughter! And his self proclaimed favorite! At the same time, it makes me happy to know ill never have to say YOU ARE NOT LEAVING THE HOUSE IN THAT OUTFIT.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

crse- just because you have boys does not mean you will never say that....lol


HHH- congrats! I am prayign for you till the end.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

ahhhh..a teenager...runnnnnn

10:48 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Mrs Zig, I can tell you some tales. You need to come over and we can share. ;)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My teenagers are INSANE! Of course they're girls and I'm sure there is something in becoming a woman that makes you temporarily insane, I know I was but its craziness!

I answered the phone to hysterical screams of "OMIGOD OMIGOD OMIGOD!!! MOOOOOM!" and I'm like "Shit! What? Whats wrong? Whats happened?" her reply? "Omigod momma, he said he likes me MORE than garlic fingers! Omigod!!!"

So yeah, teens are odd.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home