Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Monday, April 02, 2007

My memory filled weekend.....and blushing.......

So we have relinquished the cabin to renters. They have done great stuff with the house but I will miss it. I went this weekend to clean out stuff. Mostly my dads stuff that I could not deal with after the funeral in November of last year. It was painfull.

Many memories later I am home with more stuff I dont quite know what I should do with it. Except the albums. Mostly from the 70's and 80's. I still have not counted them all, but I did eyeball each and every cover. Some are of little notice, but the cover art work on others flooded my head and heart and eyes.

One of particular note is Derringer. If you are familar with Derringer then the one in particular I am fond of is the one red and white target and handgun on the cover. "If I weren't so romatic, I'd shoot you." Funny, the song was just silly and fun when I was 10, now it has many more levels. I guess experience does that to you. I can hardly wait to get all albums to digital.

Dads compound bow needs some work. Cool thing.... I can actually pull it back now. Apparently I have gained some muscle since 13. I have considered archery before, maybe now is the time.

Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures. Again, hard to get through, too many feelings, too soon. I have eyeballed them all, just haven't sorted them. The square pics from the 70's are definetly showing some signs of aging. The color is degrading to some reddish hue. The earlier black and whites are still sharp though. Hopefully I can save our families memories to digital too.

On a funnier note:

I called my younger cousin old this weekend. When we arrived at the house he was sweeping the loose stones off driveway. I rarely see him anymore so a hug was in order, along with the comment "Your getting old, (weird look from him) old men sweep driveways." to which he laughed and smiled. Poor lad has been domesticated. But it was evil satisfaction for me to see his expanding waist line. And while typing this I realized he laughs like our Uncle Tim, 2 days later I finally nailed that one down.

... At the post office I overheard a conversation between a lady in her 60's and a lady in her 70's. I know this because it came up in their conversations. But what made me chuckle was their vernacular. These two well dressed older women tossed around words like asshole and bitch like teenagers learning to use cuss words for the first time. I would have blushed, but.... well ya know... I dont blush much these days.


And I miss Steve. Steve made me laugh. and sometimes cringe, but mostly laugh. I wish him and his important people well in health, wealth and love.

4 Comments:

Blogger Holy Visile said...

You know, we all deal with loss differently, and the mementos make it harder. However, take solace in knowing we have all experienced and will experience such profound motion. I lost my Dad unexpectedly in May 2006, it almost destroyed me. Hugs

11:25 PM  
Blogger Cherrie said...

Yes, tell your cousin to use one of those leaf blowers if he wants to look cool and wake up the neighbors . . .

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

hugs holy

ya cherrie...cooler bug still old.lol.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Stealth said...

I miss Steve too. :( I just came here and read your post..

I get attached to mementos too...so here is a

(((cyberhug))

because I am bad at things like this.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home