Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

ARRRRGGGGG!. Be forewarned: this be a movie review!

I crawled out of bed sore and achey early this afternoon. After checking the local theater schedule I had a plan.


Just before 3pm I washed, dressed and went to pick up The Princess. When we arrived at the theater she wanted to see Shrek but Mom had other plans. I needed to see it before someone ruined it for me.


Cabin Boy: Yo ho,haul together, hoist the colours high/ Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die!

I love the Pirates of Caribean trilogy. At Worlds End is an instant classic. It has it all. Love, intrigue, alliances, betrayal. I laughed, I cringed, I wanted to shout at the screen. The plot twists are many but easy to spot(mostly). The movie is visually stunning, the sound track fun and moody. Did I give to much away? I hope not. I cant wait for these to come out as a box set. We cant wait to see how the did some of the scenes.

I am glad The Princess went with me. Except she smelled like a pirate. Really, what is so hard about soap and water? The Heavens know what she mixes with water when I am not looking.... you think a shower would be fun! Not only did she need soap, but she snuggled into her seat with a blanket from the car. It reminded me of watching movies at the drive in, before the broadcasted the sound on FM. We just may have to find one of the few remaing drive ins before they are gone.

Despite the odd Princess odor, some of my favorite moments of the movie are when she leaned her head to my shoulder. Mind you.... I was not allowed to put my arm around her...nooooooo.... she made me take back my hug. But mutliple times throughout the movie I would smile as her noggin rested on upper arm.

The other cool thing that happened is this is the second.... yes second time.... she has sat completely through a film. That speaks volumes. The only other time this happened was The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Go see The Pirates of Carribean, The Worlds End on the big screen. It was well worth it.


Note: this review is my opinion and my opinion only. I love big epics, twisted humor, fairy tales and love stories.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

Hubby and I enjoyed Pirates too. We went on opening night - PACKED! We were lucky to get two seats together. I could watch Johnny Depp all night.
It's a haul for y'all, but there is still a drive-in in Muskegon, the Getty 4. We go every summer. Except last year it was only three screens cuz one blew over in a storm. I think they're planning to have it fixed for this year. They always show a double feature, so you get more bang for your movie-going buck.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the best best best part of the movie was after the credits when you find out what happens ten years later.

I too can't wait for the box set.....But i smell part 4 coming SOON.

8:28 AM  
Blogger crse said...

How old is the princess? (trying to gauge hope about kids sitting through movies here). Yeah I could watch johnny depp all night too. The good story is just a bonus! I cant wait to see it myself but will most likely have to wait for dvd. (see above question)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Forgot to mention - favorite moment in P3? When Jack asks Capt. Teague "How's Mum?" and Teague's reply. Teehee.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

bunny- where are you? thanks for the tip...

mis mija- oh ya they left it open.... but i almost dont want them to mess with it...

crse- she is adhd and nearly 11, make your own judgements from there.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pirates is a lot of fun if you suspend reality. The plot of that kind of movie isn't supposed to be believable.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

You just reminded me I need to see this. I may need to take some spare undies with me. lo

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home