Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Monday, March 19, 2007

Zigs Concoctions

I am starting a theme post. In the Zig house I easily get bored. With food, clothes, drinks. I'd say sex but Zig knows how to keep my interest. *wink*

So our cabinet has enough liquor to start a bar. Pretty much there is at least one partial bottle of the basics in there. Because of me. I get bored. And I will drink most anything.

Single malt Scotch? got it. (thanks sffade) Whiskey? several types and brands. Rum? oh baby with coke or for daiquaris? cuz I have the mixers too...Schnappes? several flavors....whats your perference?..Tequilla? ...lol do you want (body) shots or margartias? .... .Vodka? Sure its great for lemon drops, mix drinks and bloody mary's. I even have the "good" olives for it. plus assorted "good" beers and wines and the occasional special occasion liquour like Lemoncello or Chambord.

By "good" beer I mean something with some color...and/or microbrewed.... none of that piss colored stuff major American breweries pass off as drinkable. Wines are usually young, easily drinkable and may or may have a twist off. (geeeeesh, I am not always an alcohol snob). I am very partiall to local Michigan wines, especially varietals and fruits. Plus I like giving back to the community. (HEY! its my excuse, I am sticking with it!)

So its a weekly ritual in the Zig house. me: "I'd like a cocktail." MrZig, "What would you like lass?" (I love when he calls me lass or my love or agrah) me: "I am not sure....." to which he responds by getting up, going to the kitchen and coming back with some concoction usually perfect for my mood. I said usually. Some are better than others. Some are a bit strong and need tweaking. Rarely are they outright failures. The man has more than one gift. *giggles*

We have discussed these experiments of libations. Unfortunately we have not kept good track of them. So tonight is the first. I get to name them. Or you can help. Suggestions welcome. Or corrections if I choose a name already taken.

Red eyed bull:

3 Shots Jack Daniels (perferablly black label or gentlemans or specialty)

2 shots concentrated cherry juice (havent tried this with frozen concentrate ...this was done with concentrated montemorcy cherry juice like what is found in health food stores)

1 can RedBull

Use a tall, large glass. Pour jack over 4 ice cubes then add cherry concentrate, mix in Redbull until cherry juice no longer settles.

Critique: The color is a glorious ruby red with a light froth on top, the taste is hints of aged oak riding over tart cherry and citrus . The feel is light and refreshing, tickles the tongue, effervescent. I think a great summer cocktail.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Cherrie said...

It certainly sounds tasty, but Red Bull with all its caffeine combined with the depressant qualities of alcohol might be like trying to drive a car with one foot on the gas and one on the brakes.

But then I've been known to consume the occasional Kahlua and cream . . .

12:24 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

cherrie- its yummy!

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 mins is relative according to Einsteins theories, and Half Dollars are relative to the nations currency

1:44 AM  
Blogger Holy Visile said...

It sounds sweet, how about a Jerrybull? Beware the hangoveer with sugary sweet drinks. Just saying.
Jack, Cherry, Red Bull = Jerrybull? Or a Red Jerry, I think I like the latter.
-The Holiest

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home