Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Post St. Patty's day....

Its a beatutifull spring day here in Michigan. Cool, crisp but sunny. I love the way the sun's fingers warm my skin while a counterpoint breeze cools me.

It was time to pick up The Princess. She had a visit with her Dad and Aunt. Dont ask. Dont even think about it. They are friends, my sister and my ex, as disturbing as that is to me. but I digress....


My drive to G.R. was pleasant and peacefull. It is always amazing to me to see the world wake up every spring. I spyed multiple birds of prey of various sorts. A few hawks and an owl. No eagles, they are a bit more elusive. My drive up does offer a veiw of a cranes nest, at least I think so, from the quick glimpses I get at 60 miles per hour from the bridge over looking the river bayou.

I arrive at the designated drop off point and wait just minutes for her Dad. They pull in the drive and I laugh out loud. My eyes are treated to a vision of her chauffered by the burly bouncer looking Dad and the little rock star. Her winter coat is black with gold and red orieral thread patterns but all I see is the fur of the hood framing her face. Tendrils of straight blonde accentuate the framing affect. Pink tinted sunglasses obscure her green eyes. She is all casual, confident and cool. My Princess. My little diva.

I purposefully took a Flogging Molly cd with me becasue The Princess commented on friday that she has beeen listening to irish music with MrZig and the next day was St. Patricks day. So a day late, Mom delievers. After acquiring The Princess and all her diva trappings we set off promptly for home, but not before Flogging Molly made our ears tickle.

The day is still bright and pleasant. Traffic is light to fair. I am happy. I reach back with one hand and she gives me a sound slap, kinda of a sideways high five. Life is cool. I am glad to have her home. I am giddy and resisting the urge to do a jig while driving.

Not fifteen minutes later I am commenting on a song and get no response. I quick rearveiw check reveals ummmmm nothing. I hazard a quick look back and my heart melts in that happy parental way. The Princess is out cold, head hanging forward, out cold. Sunglasses still on, long hair partially obscuring her face. The rock star has crashed. *big smiles*

We arrive home without incedent. I wake my sleeping beauty. Though MrZig and I have spent several quality days together I am eager to see him.

I find him in the computer room, legs up, chair back and snoring. *insert loving wife smile here*

I guess thats why they call them lazy Sundays.

3 Comments:

Blogger ZigZagMan said...

Our rock star can't hang......we need to teach that lass how to party....:)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Sounds wonderful. I know the drive you speak of and know is a perfect time to take it! Give Rockstar a few more years....

8:17 PM  
Blogger Holy Visile said...

That was a wonderful entry, and lazy Sundays are worth their length in gold. I love it when I get one.
- The Holiest

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home