Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patricks Day 2007

I slept till 4 pm. No kids, and a good romp in the wee hours precipatated a lovely restfull sleep. Although I felt a bit hung over from the previous evenings festivities.

After a lovely chat with Mom, and a shower, Zig took me to the local watering hole for some wetting of the whistle and grub. I had a nicely stacked (ok i giggled when i typed stacked, this perv thing is getting way out of controll) Reuban. I ate the the garlic dill pickle but few of the chips. I did nosh on some deep fried veggies. Zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms and onion rings deep fat fried till golden and crisp. YUMMY!

NO GUINNESS! I am shocked and dismayed. But for free they would add green die to your beer. I settled for a bottle (or 2) of Killians.
People watching was amusing as usuall. Interspersed between Zigs musings, my drivle and the mutual deep longing looks of astonishment were observations, comments and hypothesis about the people around us.

After dinner and a walk to replenish home supplies we settle in for some quiet time and streaming from Live from Ireland. We like the traditional and folk version.

I used to say I was Irish by injection only. My Grandpa corrected me. Apparently mixed in my English, German, Polish and some other stuff is a wee bit of Irish. To which my Uncle cried..... "Mom, MOM..... Dad says we are Irish?!?!?!". I never heard her response but I am glad not to be the only who was not well informed.

So this typically American mutt is off to enjoy an evening with her man. Again. YIPPEEEEEE!!!

Happy St. Patricks day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Holy Visile said...

Yeah, we did not go out tonight, too dangerous with all the partiers.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

holy visile_ thanks for stopping by. danger is realitve... no wait.. dangers is my relatives on gren beer... better to stay inside, smart move on your behalf....lol

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home