Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Monday, February 19, 2007

Cows in water 3

Today we learned more turns....and beat up my body more. It feels good in that twisted athletic way.

In the past weeks, I have learned balanc`e and glissade and pas de bourr`ee. Today this Cow was learning pique turns and tour jetes . Sad, really, really sad. I feel like I am moving through silly putty. I keep forgetting where my arms should be and to tuck my ample bottom in for that important pelvic tilt. My balance is off.

I swear if ever hear of people talking about sissy dancers again I personally will kick them in the shins. Ballet is remarkably much more difficult than it appears.

I refuse to quit!

Here is a link of ballet terms and with the right player video demonstrations.
American Ballet Theatre Ballet Dictionary.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

I haven't been anywhere near a ballet class since I was nine.

They tried pushing my shoulders down to make me do the splits.

I never went again!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home