Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Friday, September 21, 2007

Driving.....

I like driving. It reminds of sex. The power, the force, thrill, the jostling, the exploration.

Part of my driving experience requires music. I am having trouble finding the particular music I want but between what I already own and the radio I had enough to entertain me. The Princess sings to me often also. I love that part of the ride.

What does not entertain me is miles of construction, but hey its part of the adventure right? The narrow lanes, detours, dirt and bumps in the road become part of the adventure and, like life, are sometimes the best part of the story.

The other road hazards are critters, all shapes and sizes of them. I saw an owl dead on the side of the road the other day and thought "how odd" I wonder if the person that hit it even knew what it was that scared them alert again. Today while driving home at dusk I caught myself tensing and praying for the amphibian type creature that tried to cross the road. I straddled him but I wasnt sure he was going to be so lucky when he crossed into the next lane...... and I tried to look back in the rear view but by then he was to far away to see.


My question today...... Do you check the rear view or just keep driving if you hit or nearly hit something?

9 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

I once had a pigeon glace the window screen whilst on my way to work.

It worried me that I had harmed or even killed the creature so I slowed down and checked my mirrors, to see it fly off in to the distance.

But please don't talk to me about car things this weekend! :(

5:01 PM  
Blogger crse said...

Oh yes. I always check even though what the hell can i do if its smashed on the road except feel bad? And even if it was hurt, i wouldnt begin to know how to transport it safely. I am giggling though because this reminds me of the seinfeld with the chipmunks. "WE HAD A CONTRACT!"

10:39 AM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Always check in the rearview. Always. Have even turned around and gone back to try to help critters stay alive. I'm a softie for the critters.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Just Jackie said...

I look.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

I notice only the girls have replied......

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Person - just keep driving. Critter - try to help.

10:02 AM  
Blogger ZigZagMan said...

retty is abit like us i believe........:)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Aunt Jackie said...

I finally linked this so I could remind myself to visit!!! ((spanks self))

I always look in the rearview, but I'm just a daredevil. Besides if it was someone I wanted to hit, then you would like to admire the artwork of carnage you left behind... Hehehehe j/k

I love driving too... is it because it reminds of sex? I hadn't thought about that... thanks!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep, I drive. Blasting music whenever I can. And I always have some toys hidden away...

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home