Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Summer Fun 2

I must say, despite the unanticipated razor effect spun sugar had on my teeth we had a good time.

After my cotton candy disappointment I was looking forward to Gyros. Second favorite carnie food. And I want it loaded, cucumber sauce, all the veggies and peppery seasoned lamb meat. Unfortunately not a Gyro in site. I almost went for the fresh pretzels but didnt want to splurge my calorie allowance. Nothing else looked worthy. *sigh* Atleast nothing purchasable. LOL.


We did the divide and conquer approach for rides. A Shortman likes the fast, spinning wild rides. The Princess is really getting to big for the kiddie rides. She literally said, "I dont like going up that high, I like my feet close to the ground and not spinning."

So Mr Zig splurged on a set of tickets for each child. He went with the Shortman for the wild rides. I stayed with The Princess while we scoped out suitable ones for her. Occasionally we would intersect. The best part of watching my men wander through the carnival rides was watching Zig's ass. :)

As we walk down the fairway nixing or ooing over the various fun, she decides to get on a ride. I tried to warn her. I couldnt see exactly what it did. She actually walked around the ride to figure it out, nodded, handed over her tickets and got on.
First time up and around I faintly hear, "I dont like this." I look for her and she is making scowling faces. I step up and tell the carni guy to let her off but he was already shutting the ride down. No tears though, she shook it off well. But Mr Zig, Shortman and I got a good chuckle out of it.

We walked through the pig stys. Mr Zig had great fun naming the pigs, much to The Princess's dismay. Mr Zig points, "See that big one there, his name is Bacon. And that one there is Sauage. There is Loin." I had to stop him before she never at pork again. Then we walked through the Llamas. (read more about Zig and Llamas here) Again he starts with the carnivorous Llama jokes. The small tuft of hair on the ground feeding his imagination. Apparently Llamas eat fingers and rabbits.

But I saved the best for last. On our way into the fair grounds Mr Zig pulls up to the gate. The farm girl cute young blonde initiall charges him for 3 adults and 1 child, then she re-assesses. She askes how old the kids are, and Mr Zig very straight face says "he is 9 and 1/2, he has a thyroid problem." The poor girl got misty eyed but before she can cooo "ooooooh" very pitifully, The Princess rips my husbands con to shreds as she bounces forward, "he is not, he is thirten". The blonde was dismayed, then laughed awkwardly. Poor Mr Zig was so close, so very close to completing his ruse.

And that my friends is what its like to go to the fair with Zigzagman and family.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bunny said...

Sounds like a great time at the fair! I always name the pigs "Bacon" "Sausage" "bratwurst" etc. too.

Have a great weekend!

6:54 AM  
Blogger crse said...

You know? we've already taught the kids not to speak when we lie about their ages! Actually, i just explain that its different because they were preemies. SO far, they havent questioned me. I imagine they will be telling a therapist all about this at some point...have a great weekend mrs. zig!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Next time I want to go. It sounds like you all had a wild time. :)

4:42 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

bunny your scaring me.....

crse apparently we didnt think that far ahead...lol

Suze it would have been much more wild with you around!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home