Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Friday, June 15, 2007

Cows in water.... The finale 2007

Several months ago I decided a dance class would help me get back and shape, learn some skills and be fun in the process.

It WAS great fun. I enjoyed the hard work and the exercise and sharing with The Princess. I have a new apprecitation for what she does weekly. Ballet in particular was grueling. Tap was a much more fun way to break a sweat.

I was suckered into the end of year show for a nice tap number to New York, New York sung by Ol Blue Eyes himself. I have the costume: black pants, silver sequined top, tap shoes, hat and cane. I practiced and practiced and resigned to have my voluputous ass clearly in veiw of all other the parents. But it felt good to have accomplished something.

The Princess, of course is in multiple numbers. She has ballet, tap, hip-hop and tumbling. She has been so pround of Mom. We did pictures together for tap. She insisted I get a solo pic. She very much wants to do a dance number with Mom. Maybe next show.


Tomorrow is the the big day. Unfortunately, I have been out of commision for a week. I was hoping to recover before the big day, but I am still very sore and tired. I havent worked all week. Zig is worried about me, he doesnt say much about it, but I know. He hates when I am ill and I cant risk a relapse just so the "the show must go on". I am dissappointed and relieved all at the same time. Usually, I assist shuttling the 4 to 6 year olds to stage and the greenroom. I look forward to finally watching her from the seats. This year I will clap louder, and be prouder, because I have danced in her shoes.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ZigZagMan said...

it will be nice to sit with you for a change.........:)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

Bummer about not dancing. I'm thinking of getting my 2 year old into dance. She needs an outlet for her overabundance of energy. Maybe gymnastics and dance. She might end up far more graceful than her clutzy mom.
Enjoy the show!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger crse said...

Oh thats so sweet! Ive been to three recitals in the past month and everytime I see the grown-ups dance I get a little envious! I hope you dance again next year. Good luck to the princess!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

Zig- it would have been.

bunny-- that is exactly why The Princess is in dance. It gave her a constructive outlet for all that energy... it works to some extent.

crse- dont be jealous... get in there! I wouldnt have thought about it much, but after all my hard work it was hard to just sit there.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

R2k- thanks for stopping by.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was such a sweet post really. I got a sense of love and pride from reading it, made me smile. I love dancing and it is wonderful exercise. It's generally fun enough that it doesn't feel much like exercise too. I'm glad you had this experience. :) Bummer that you were too ill to do your dance though. Hope you enjoyed the show. :)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home