Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Sunday, February 11, 2007

"YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!" wait? what? let me get this straight..... I request you to put appropriate clothing on your pre teen body and when your laments of..."I have nothing to wear",(you have a virtual mountain of clothing), "you didnt wash my clothes"(only thing left to wash are my work clothes and towels) "find me my clothes" (your too old for that)and "just a minute")what? yoru kidding right?)this last done while you keep time with your Dance Revolution game.

Threatening to remove the game for the rest of the day does not even phase you. Your so incredibly stubborn, I have no idea where you get it. *giggles* Until I get up and move towards you. You run. I wanna laugh. OUT LOUD. You dont really understand what pain is like. I am sure there are kids in your school that do, but not you. And your emotional "pain" would readily be resolved if you did what I asked you to when I asked.

Princess I love you. Your beautifull. Your Talented. And YOU ARE YOUNG.

I am still the parent. I still make the rules. Oh and did I add I AM THE PARENT?!?!?!?!

Go ahead. Test me. I can take it. I must take it. Because I love you I will enforce the rules even if it greatly distresses you. Even if you hate me. At least you will hate me for caring, whether you see that or not.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bad Bad Girl said...

Bravo.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Suck Me said...

Did you get a flash back from about 30 years ago when you were saying this stuff to your daughter *wink*

11:03 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Ah children, love 'em but couldn't eat a whole one.

Adolescence is about testing the boundaries and I remember doing the same, just in guy-ways. Someone once said to me that kids are one of the few things in life that come without an instruction manual. That may be true but knowing what I do about you I think you'll do just fine.

It must be hard though, keeping your cool when they give you the "I'm old enough to make my own decisions bit." I don't know if I'd have it in me to cope with "me" at "that age".

Hell I bet you're a great mum. She'll realise that in a few years. :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

Just for the record I am in my thrities, my daughter is 10. Thanks for the support and comments.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Suck Me said...

LOL I said "about 30 years ago" - that could mean 15 years ago :-P

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

abbycakes! i miss you.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Larry Harrell said...

My ex-gf's older daughter was like that. A tantrum-throwing, scheming, selfish little wench of a girl. Fortunately, when she got her first period, she settled down quite a bit.

Unfortunately for you two, that date seems like forever and a day away. You thought the "terrible twos" were bad. This is the "terrible tweens".

Ya gotta hit em where it hurts, Mom. Trouble is, they have too many contingency plans. Shut down their TV, phone(s) and Internet. Only classical music can be allowed. Anything else??

Do it out of love. And make sure they know it's out of sickening, smothering, ooey-gooey, icky L-O-V-E!

1:23 AM  
Blogger Elaine Denning said...

Look at the bright side. You've brought her up to be strong, independent, able to hold her own, not scared of voicing her opinion, and headstrong.

That's what you wanted, right? LoL.

Don't worry...it'll pass...say, in about 10 years!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep the mother of a teenager! I love it.. Patience rules here. And a hefty dose of humor no whatever they dish out. My time is coming. My 12 year old is taller than me, and rested her CHIN on my shoulder this morning in tears...

Isn't there some scientific evidence anyway about teenagers being actually insane because their brains aren't completely developed?

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

I find it amusing people assume she is a teen. The Princess was 10 in september. I'm scared gray. Seriously its not old age that make you bald and gray its kids.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

That post brought back so many memories. I was a nightmare to my parents some days.

You will have your day, wait until they are raising children of their own. lol

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home