Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day Weekend 2006

So we have returned from another adventure in the woods. No one was lost, but tree hugging did occur.

I think last pic count for Saturday through Monday was something over 250. Some are actually worth looking at....LOL. We met some new friends, drunk dialed some old friends, and of course family time is always appreciated.

Its an enjoyable but odd time for me. Watching my Princess at play triggers memories of myself at her age. I'm not sure if the child or adult games are more entertaining. I believe we amuse the children as much as we are amused by them.

Now I get to play adult games. My arm is sore from only one game of horseshoes. (we won!)
I boycotted Sundays libation rounds on the grounds I already was trying to hold my cookies. I returned home with a cute lil temporary tattoo heart on my breast from Saturday nights "tag the titty" party.

And of course camp fire talk. Stories, teases, jokes, double entredrees, innuendoes, songs.
The raiding neighbors hunted us down from choruses of ".....chug a lug, chug a lug". By the second night they had the whole drinking song in their heads and their hearts. We enjoy being influential. LOL.

6 Comments:

Blogger ZigZagMan said...

for the record, those boys and the lass could not hang. They were cool enough to bring thier own drings, and share (always a good idea visiting a strange camp), but after the tattoo party, they lost thier wind and suffered the next day....:)

12:53 AM  
Blogger Larry Harrell said...

One of the all-time best kids games sometimes nabs an adult, too. Ya gotta do the Snipe Hunt with all the kids and identify which of the gullible adults will buy into it too.

We sent them all up on the hill at night, with sticks to bang the brush, pushing their "prey" down to us, waiting for them with cloth bags and thick gloves. (Gotta play the part well). We took one of the kids' teddy bears and kept it out of sight until the kids got pretty close. When us adults started running around in an effort to look like we had one cornered, the kids squealed with delight and fear. The couple of adults up on the hill had big eyes full of fear that there was actually a critter about to be caught.

As the critter got close, I used my hat to scoop up the teddy bear, struggling with it and making a big show out of it. I stuffed the teddy bear down into the sack and wrestled with it some more as the crowd descended towards me, hesitating when they decided they were too close. As I proudly walked towards the group, with my prize in the bag, even the adults watched with wonder as I exposed an ear but, holding the creature by his neck, in the bag. I told everyone to shine their flashlights into his eyes when I pulled him all the way out, to disorient this nocturnal denizen of the forest. I counted to three, pulled it all the way out and tossed it at the crowd, who all scattered in fear and screams.

Of course, there were the older kids who claimed that they knew it was fake but, ran away in fear. The adults who went up on the hill also pretended they weren't scared but, their screams said otherwise.

Before they go up the hill, you have to tell them about the wile and habits of the clever and vicious Snipe. The key in pulling this game off is to plan and coordinate while the people are out in the woods. You should also "plant" an adult to show them just how to pick the right stick and bang on the brush just right. Snipe hunting has a long and rich tradition. Don't let it die in your neck of the woods.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reaaly want to o camping with you guys! It always sounds like such a great time. Glad you had fun x

12:23 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

I can't wait to see some of the pics and hear all about tag the titty in more detail.

2:18 PM  
Blogger ZigZagMan said...

Back cut, snipe hunts are great fun, but where we camp....more than a fair chance the kids will flush out a coon or cyote!!!! lol

6:21 PM  
Blogger NeverEnough said...

Sounds like another damn good camping trip - you guys have the best ones!! I'm so jealous.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home