Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I have survived "estrogen fest"

For those of you that regualarly read Zigs rants your well aware we had a new arrival in the family. Since we had just under 9 months to prepare for the blessed event a visit was planned around the due date. A visit was mandotory by order of MOM! Last summer my redheaded sis had a gorgeous red headed lad which promted the matriach of our family to drive sis and lad to florida to meet the aunts. I could not attended and for the past year have been grieved with comments of..... "I could have had all my girls and grandkids together." This years arrival prompted a decree form the matriach that all subjects will attend the new princess's court. Apparently trivial things like maintaining the good graces of a new employer are not important in Gramma World.

Having earned some vacation time, at least a week was expected to be used on our "Estrogen Fest" as Zig likes to call it. There are 4 of us lovely lasses, 2 live in florida, my self and the redhead live in michigan. My Mother and grandmother drove from Michigan to Florida weeks ago. I brought with me by plane (if you think i'm drivng a 14 month old and hyper 9 year old 24 hours your more nuts then my mom) both the reds and my daughter who is a physically energetic princess. The Florida sisses have one female room mate and one male. All said, of the11 people in the house :1 man 1 boychild and all the rest baring our right to bitch and change our minds proudly!

Our flight was actually pleasant except for the motion sickness red did not tell me she had before we left. Honestly no one tells the medical proffesional anything of importace at a time I could actually intervene appropriately. Family! Gotta love 'em cuz my backyard is to small for a cemetary. No actuall vomit on the plane but lots of pale green skin and entertaining the red boy from myself. Our favorite game was "stick your feet on the ceiling". I swear people 5 rows back were laughing at our poor attempts to entertain him. The princess did nearly squeeze my finger off during take off.... hint if someone needs to hold your hand never...never give the whole hand... the pressure of bones angainst bones is debilating....one finger... they can cut off the circulation forever without much damage. Our return trip made easier by experience and drugs.

The best of part of "Estrogen fest" had to be the multiple slammin of doors and keeping tabs of who was bitching at who. I am no exception. But in my defence I actually bitch about things worth bitching about. My sisters attitudes change at the drop of ...the drop of... well hell, they're women it changes quickly and dramaticly for any reason. The statement "the sky is blue" could elicit a temper tantrum and a fight. Did I mention I love my family? Honest I do. Even despite the drama it was wonderfull seeing them all again. Honestly I dont think all 4 of us girls have been together since Zig and I got married. I miss them terribly

So here is to the next "estrogen fest" the good, the bad and the hormonal! Zig, when can I go back?

2 Comments:

Blogger ZigZagMan said...

no shit ehh Abby??? :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

abby- wasnt the wedding fun? well.....at least till the bride closed the event with tree hugging.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home