Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Butterflies from the past.....

My home town is changing. Condo units are going up EVERYWHERE, I keep wondering how they squeeze them into such small slivers of real estate. Businesses have changed locations or disolved or bloomed. I bumped into very few people that I knew. I have to face the fact that I am now a visitor. My home is no longer there.

I had a great time with my family this weekend. I feel light and refreshed. I am a little disappointed I didnt fit some of the holiday activities into my schedule, but the connection with family far outweighs those minor disappointments. The art fair will be there next year. The rides will be there next year. Cotton candy will be there next year. Opportunities to make lasting memories with my children are limited.

I spent some time with the Princess in the park next to my Mother in Laws house. That sure brought back memories. Walking among the familiar oaks and park toys multiple years of memories flitted through my head like butterflies from my past. MrZig and I had part of our wedding reception in that park. I played there when I was about my daughters age. I managed to get a few quick camarea shots of her playing. I think soon she will be too old for seesaws and swings and monkey bars. *sigh*

We have rented out the house there so we stayed at one of the hotels. I must admit the expense was worth it. I really enjoy having access to the pool and hot tub. I made a point to burn a few calories in the cool water. My muscles today are givng me a bit of greif over the exertion. Why is taking pictures by the indoor pools so difficult? The light seems ample enough but they pics always turn out so dark.

We ate at an A & W restaurant. I was trying to explain the concept of car hop service to the kids because A & W used to be that kinda of place. They seemed amused by the thought of girls on skates delivering food to the cars, but more amused by the inevitable crash.

I was trying to remember some of the funny comments made by the family over the weekend but unfortunately at this time the all are elusivily just out of reach to me. Maybe they will flutter back at some point.

4 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Ohhh! We have A & Ws here! Im glad you had a great holiday weekend. Ours was? not so much....

5:31 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

It sounds like you had a good time...so exactly which muscles did you over exert? ;)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Bunny said...

It's hard when our hometowns move on without us. Mine went from a little cute tourist place to a real city when no one was looking. Tulip Time is no longer then be all and end all of it's existence!

So cool to play with your daughter in the park where you played as a kid. That kind of symmetry is always neat-o-keen.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

crse maybe next weekend will be better....

mike.... I'll look into it

suze... not the ones i wanted to... hotel sex with the kids is just not an option

bunny :)

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home