Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Friday, December 08, 2006

Da Count Holiday Reflections

Its December, "The Holidays". I went to see a holiday movie with the princess tonight. We laughed, I cried. I hope she didnt see me. I am very thankfully to have these moments not only now when people traditionaly are thankfull for their dysfunctional families, but all year long.

I am dismayed and amazed. I think of my childhood and how much my princess's life is different. More money flows in and out of our house now then when I was growing up. She is definitely a much more worldly child then I was then. Hotels and airplanes and cell phones and overall mobility are a much bigger part of her life. Life sure seems faster with everything on the go, mobile and drive through. I always new exactly where my holidays were spent. She is always in limbo between my house and her dads, again a child on the move.

Interestingly, She apppears much more secure than I was then. Her confidence is truly astounding to someone who was convinced life as I knew it could end any day, either by world disaster or family disaster. But I dont think I ever truly lacked for anything. We both are well loved, well cared for and very lucky lucky lasses.

I hope when she looks back on her life she will appreciate the people in her Holiday memories as much as I do. I love you Mom, and I miss you Dad.

1 Comments:

Blogger lecram sinun said...

A sweet count, my friend. :)

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home