Questions and Answers to Life and Everything

random thoughts and experiences

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

daughter, mother, wife, big ole perv, ecclectic, vibrant, insatiably curious

Monday, January 15, 2007

Mornings at the ZIg house

I hate mornings. I wish I didnt but I really do hate them. It seems even if I wake up in a jovial mood something always happens to that evaporates my efforts to start my family's day in a good way.

For several weeks I have tried in particular to wake the man of the house in a most delitefull way. Either the kids wont get ready in time or he has been up late or he is sleeping in the living room.

My kids in particular are driving me nuts. I wake them up and all they have to do is get dressed. The princess in particular cranks my shaft. She goes to daycare in the mornings because on the nights I work I cannot be home before ZIg has to leave. It takes 10 minutes of shooing her out of bed. Then she wants to just lay. Today she had 20 minutes to get ready. At the time we were to leave I find her still lounging in her Pj's.

A 20 minute all out battle ensues to get this child dressed. I am not sorry. Its a simple concept really... get up... get dressed...She doesnt even have to eat here... her sitter feeds them. Thats all I want, A dressed child before 7 am, its a small request I think.

That wasnt even the icing on the cake. Mother Nature further delayed me. We went outside... late again.. to find 1/2 inch of not snow... but glazed ice. You cant just brush this off. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So I let her back in the house, tell her to eat something and go back out to clean off the vehicles after allowing them to warm up.

And cast a forelorn look up the stairs..... I know where I want to be....I know where I should be...and I also know like everything else parenthood has its moments... some good and some well some just tick me off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

And I thought I had it bad with the bloody cat waking us up. First he wants you to feed him, then he wants you to get out of bed again and watch him eat. Then finally he just wants to keep you awake by scratching the side of your bedside table. All this before 6am!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said...

oh ya we have a cat too... he is a pervy cat.. likes to watch... what the hell are the chances we would get a voyeur cat?

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home